Sunday, April 26, 2009

Planting has begun!



I know it's a bit late - but it's been COLD here! So finally, this 85 degree weekend, I got outside and planting.

So far, lettuce, swiss chard, bush beans, and snow peas should be sprouting within a week or so. Since I have been busy planning a wedding, and had no luck growing it myself last year, i bought some already sprouted cilantro, and some scallions which I hope will mulitply.  Ok, I also got purple sage - not sure how to use it yet, but it is really pretty.

So we shall see how they fare on my back porch. I know lettuce likes the shade, but i am sure the others will enjoy a bit more sun. They have Osmocote vegetable slow release fertilizer pellets in with them to help them grow - I KNOW it's not officially "Organic" but, again, the time constraint - and it seems to be hard to find any organic slow release fertilizers. I also have Neptune's harvest liquid fertilizer as a supplement, and that is organic.

Woohoo! Pics to com as thes babies start to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment